Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacFly Pro

I got an pop-up on my screen on my Mac Book Pro ( OS 10.13.3) saying that my computer had a virus. It gave me an option, which I clicked on, to clean it. Then it asked if I wanted to buy it for protecting and improving the performance of my Mac Book. I wish to know if MacFly Pro sold or recommended by Apple? Does anyone have any experience of using it?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac Power Point 2008, ver 12.0

Posted on Apr 14, 2018 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2018 7:38 AM

That message was a scam. Macs do no get "viruses". That should already give you a clue as to how much the developers of that software know about Mac.

No Anti-Virus software or so-called “cleaning” apps are needed or recommended for Mac OS. They can conflict with Mac's own built-in security. At best they will slow your Mac by using unnecessary resources and at worst will bork your entire system.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2018 7:38 AM in response to chaitanyafromdehradun

That message was a scam. Macs do no get "viruses". That should already give you a clue as to how much the developers of that software know about Mac.

No Anti-Virus software or so-called “cleaning” apps are needed or recommended for Mac OS. They can conflict with Mac's own built-in security. At best they will slow your Mac by using unnecessary resources and at worst will bork your entire system.

MacFly Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.