Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown billing

I recently received an email from a diff address thats not connected to my AppleID, it shows an unknown billing issue, I’ve checked all recent purchases but wondering if it’s a spam email?

Posted on Apr 15, 2018 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2018 10:12 AM

Does it contain your billing address from your iTunes account and is grammatical ? To check an email :

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2018 10:12 AM in response to FThom0405

Does it contain your billing address from your iTunes account and is grammatical ? To check an email :

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Apr 15, 2018 10:13 AM in response to FThom0405

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you and the e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more.

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Unknown billing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.