Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Book Pro (2011) is making 3 loud beeps and won’t turn on with a blank screen, what does this mean?

My 2011 Mac Book Pro was fine yesterday, I turned it off last night and went back to it this afternoon and I now have a blank black screen along with 3 loud beeps in a continous sequence, only thing I seem to mange to be able to do is turn it on and off holding down my power button.

If if anyone has any advice or knows whats wrong with it or even better how to fix it, that would be much appreciated

thanks.

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 9:26 AM

3 beeps indicates bad RAM. It may be that the RAM has come loose in the slot and needs to be reseated. Or it may be that the RAM module has gone bad and will need to be replaced. Try pulling one module and then the other and testing. If it works as expected with one module, then the bad module will need to be replaced.

About Mac startup tones - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2018 9:26 AM in response to McFetridgeC

3 beeps indicates bad RAM. It may be that the RAM has come loose in the slot and needs to be reseated. Or it may be that the RAM module has gone bad and will need to be replaced. Try pulling one module and then the other and testing. If it works as expected with one module, then the bad module will need to be replaced.

About Mac startup tones - Apple Support

My Mac Book Pro (2011) is making 3 loud beeps and won’t turn on with a blank screen, what does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.