Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Apple allow me to use PayPal?

I see a lot of people having the same problem (iTune / Apple Computer) is, for some mysterious reason, not allowing people to use money in their PayPal account to purchase anything from iTunes or the App Store. I had no problem using my PayPal account up until about two weeks ago.

[Edited by Host]

Posted on Apr 16, 2018 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2018 10:42 AM

Well I appreciate your effort to help (to solve this dilemma) but unfortunately when I log into my PayPal account in an attempt to change "method of payment" from my credit card to payment from my PayPal account (yes, I have money in my PayPal account), I see only two choices: #1 - Keep what is showing (my credit card) or #2 - Apply for a PayPal credit card (which I certainly do not want). The is no option for making payment out of my PayPal account. I don't know if iTunes screwed things up or if PayPal screwed things up..........or a combination of both companies screwed things up. BTW - I sent an email to PayPal support complaining about this situation also. Haven't heard back from PayPal yet but I suspect if & when I do receive their answer it will be as misleading as the information I found on the link you provided (not YOUR fault) - rather a "fault" on the part of iTunes (Apple) because this doesn't resolve the problem. Yes, I have plenty of money in my PayPal account - enough to buy hundreds of songs or whatever off the iTunes site. Additionally, in my PayPal account, I have selected my "Preferred Method of Payment" to my PayPal account but they (or someone?) insists on showing my credit card as the method of payment. Totally frustrating! Again, thanks for trying to help but as I say either iTunes or PayPal screwed something up - typical of today's so-called "improvements"! Roger

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2018 10:42 AM in response to turingtest2

Well I appreciate your effort to help (to solve this dilemma) but unfortunately when I log into my PayPal account in an attempt to change "method of payment" from my credit card to payment from my PayPal account (yes, I have money in my PayPal account), I see only two choices: #1 - Keep what is showing (my credit card) or #2 - Apply for a PayPal credit card (which I certainly do not want). The is no option for making payment out of my PayPal account. I don't know if iTunes screwed things up or if PayPal screwed things up..........or a combination of both companies screwed things up. BTW - I sent an email to PayPal support complaining about this situation also. Haven't heard back from PayPal yet but I suspect if & when I do receive their answer it will be as misleading as the information I found on the link you provided (not YOUR fault) - rather a "fault" on the part of iTunes (Apple) because this doesn't resolve the problem. Yes, I have plenty of money in my PayPal account - enough to buy hundreds of songs or whatever off the iTunes site. Additionally, in my PayPal account, I have selected my "Preferred Method of Payment" to my PayPal account but they (or someone?) insists on showing my credit card as the method of payment. Totally frustrating! Again, thanks for trying to help but as I say either iTunes or PayPal screwed something up - typical of today's so-called "improvements"! Roger

Why won't Apple allow me to use PayPal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.