Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t Siri play my playlists?

I have an iPhone X with update 11.3. Ever since updating my phone Siri will no longer play my playlists. It says “ok, playlist ..... now playing” but it never plays anymore. I’ve tried creating a new playlist, resetting my phone, deleting the Apple Music app and reinstalling and nothing works. Is there some sort of a fix for this? I’m assuming it has something to do with the newest update 11.3.

Posted on Apr 18, 2018 7:19 AM

8 replies

May 26, 2018 3:04 PM in response to Sleuthe

I just hit this as well. For me, it only happens on playlists that contains only content I have uploaded.

When i ask Siri on my iPhone or HomePod play it Siri replies "Now Playing Playlist XXX", but nothing happens.

I found a surprising workaround. If you add any Apple Music song anywhere in the playlist, it starts working again. I have been adding Brett Black's 5 second silent track to the end of the playlist, and these playlists magically start working with Siri again.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/silent-tracks-of-various-useful-lengths/366737 722

Give it a shot.

Why won’t Siri play my playlists?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.