Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen sharing stopped working

I'm running Sierra on my MacBook Air and running El Capitan on two Mac Minis that are 6 and 7 years old. After the last OS security update (April 2018), screen sharing has stopped working. The file sharing is working perfectly. Rebooting and firewall changes do not fix the problem. I have Remote Management turned on the two Minis. Screen sharing does not work between the two Minis either so I've ruled out OS mismatch as the source of the problem.

VIN,Mac mini (Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 3:03 PM

Update: after this post, screen sharing started working on one of the minis. Comparing the two setups I discovered that the one that was not working had not downloaded and updated the latest version of Apple Remote Desktop (3.9.3). Once that was applied, the problem was solved. Now I have to figure out why it didn't download and apply that update.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 3:03 PM in response to jzmn2

Update: after this post, screen sharing started working on one of the minis. Comparing the two setups I discovered that the one that was not working had not downloaded and updated the latest version of Apple Remote Desktop (3.9.3). Once that was applied, the problem was solved. Now I have to figure out why it didn't download and apply that update.

screen sharing stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.