Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where did all the shapes go in pages 09

When I click the "shapes" option in the toolbar of pages 09 I only get a dropdown menu of about 10 options whereas I used to get hundreds of options. Where did all the shapes go?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 6:15 PM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2018 8:10 PM in response to JordanR23

Hi Jordan,

Your memory may be playing tricks on you. Mine says that Pages '09 never offered more than these 15, plus the bezier curve pen shown at the bottom:

User uploaded file

Versions after '09 (this is from the first post-'09 version, Pages 5) have the same number, but added the arc shape in the first row, and dropped the line with two arrowheads from the menu (but still available as a formatting addition to both remaining lines). Also added to the menu were the six buttons at the bottom, allowing preset fill colour choices for the shapes

User uploaded file

Regards,

Barry

Apr 19, 2018 7:46 PM in response to JordanR23

They haven't gone anywhere.

Pages '09 has less shapes than Pages 7.0. It is one of the few things better in Pages 7.0.

If you want the Pages 7.0 shapes add them to a document in Pages 7.0 then Export that document as a Pages '09 document and open it in Pages '09.

Be aware that will not be available via the Shapes menu in Pages '09, it will actually be objects.

You can get additional Shapes from various sellers in the App Store. Or draw your own. Apple's I've noticed are largely not drawn, they are just connect the dots, not bezier curves.

Peter

where did all the shapes go in pages 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.