Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air can’t connect to wifi

My wifi was working great in the morning, I left the house for around 4 hours and when I came back it was no longer connected to the wifi. I have restarted the router, restarted my computer, taken all previous wifi connections off my computer, re set the pram and smc, i‘ve updated to the latest update, I’ve deleted some of the com.apple files. Basically I’ve tried everything that everyone online has suggested and I still can’t get it to connect to the wifi or even register that the wifi exists. What could be causing this?? I have never had a problem with my wifi and all other devices in the house connect easily with no issues.

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 6:03 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 21, 2018 8:48 AM in response to lucyfromfootscray

You wrote - I’ve deleted some of the com.apple files.

What are those files and from which folders of system library and user library were deleted , please name them are they in the trash or have you emptied the trash .

Read these articles - How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity - Apple Support

Internet connection does not work with an IP address space of 169.254.xxx.xxx from ISP, router, or manual configuration …

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference - Apple Support

Check for Wi-Fi issues using your Mac - Apple Support

If possible post the screen shots of network windows , hide your Mac hardware address and IP address .

These are default network settings , match them in your Mac are they same .

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Air can’t connect to wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.