Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Charter email does not eork on my new iPhone 8

i am unable to set up my Charter email on my new IPhone 8 running iOS 11.3. I have spoken with both Charter and Apple support and it still will not work. The settings match my iPad running same iOS but it still will not work on my iPhone. Email and password is correct. I have tried with WiFi on and off. I have deleted many times and also restarted the iPhone.

Are there any other new tips?

Windows Vista

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 19, 2018 10:07 PM in response to casseicrtr In response to casseicrtr

Are you using Two-Factor Authentication? When you sign into your Charter email account, are you using an App-specific password rather than your Apple ID password: Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

Best,

GB

Apr 19, 2018 10:07 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 19, 2018 10:27 PM in response to gail from maine In response to gail from maine

Yes, it is a different password from my Apple.

It’s the same password for my charter email that I have had for a very long time. Password verication is how it tells me to set it up. Every time I try to reset it up, it tells me that the server is not responding. It’s set up the same as the iPad so I’m not sure what is different.

Apr 19, 2018 10:27 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 2:15 PM in response to casseicrtr In response to casseicrtr

Sorry, maybe I'm not being clear? I need to know the answers to these two questions:

1. Are you using Two-Factor Authentication for your Apple ID? (Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support)

2. If so, have you tried using an App-specific password to sign into your mail account (Using app-specific passwords - Apple Support)

Best,

GB

Apr 20, 2018 2:15 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: casseicrtr

Question: Charter email does not eork on my new iPhone 8