Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does Apple make you turn off your find my iphone prior to repair? as well as, how and why do they turn it back on find my iphone automatically before giving it back to me?

Find my iPhone

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 8:02 AM

And what did you want to hear from us? If you feel your device was not handled correctly by Apple, go back to the store and ask for the manager. It could not have been on without signing in to your Apple ID which requires your password.

Turning off My My Phone is a published requirement by Apple.

User uploaded file

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 8:02 AM in response to xdainty

And what did you want to hear from us? If you feel your device was not handled correctly by Apple, go back to the store and ask for the manager. It could not have been on without signing in to your Apple ID which requires your password.

Turning off My My Phone is a published requirement by Apple.

User uploaded file

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

Apr 19, 2018 8:34 PM in response to xdainty

We cannot answer "why" questions here. Apple does or does not do as they please, and we cannot speculate.

But it certainly does make sense to have Find My iPhone turned off while being repaired for at least these two reasons:

1. There is no need to broadcast the iPhone's location.
  2. Find My iPhone must be turned off to do an iOS restore or recovery.

Why does Apple make you turn off your find my iphone prior to repair? as well as, how and why do they turn it back on find my iphone automatically before giving it back to me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.