Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAJOR MAINSTAGE PLAYBACK GLITCH

Playback just stops in the middle of the audio clip and makes a horrible, super loud feedback now. Seems like a major glitch in the software and it's really annoying when it happens during a gig and the audiences' ears get blasted because of it. How do I fix this? I'm so unhappy with the software because of this. And it's happened in more than one concert, it's not just a damaged concert. Im using an Akai MPK225 and was also having the same issue with my 49 key version

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 19, 2018 9:27 PM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2018 12:45 AM in response to elizabethfromsnyder

This does not sound like a MIDI controller issue.

Which computer, macOS, and MainStage version do you use?

Which audio interface do you use?

I have experienced plenty of stability issues in High Sierra.

What happens exactly outside of the Playback plug-in stalling:

Is MainStage responsive?

Are you able to mute the channel strip?

Does it stop if you reset the Core Audio driver?

Apr 23, 2018 12:08 AM in response to elizabethfromsnyder

Thanks for adding your specs.

It sounds pretty similar to some of the freezes I've experienced.

These kinds of issues are always a pain to troubleshoot since they are not easily replicated, but as you say, –they happen at the worse of times.

If you can I would recommend downgrading to Sierra.

Otherwise I would recommend making sure that you reboot the computer prior to showtime. Make then sure that the computer does not go into sleep mode.

Hope that helps.

Apr 24, 2018 5:29 AM in response to Cuauhtemoc

I’ve gotten it to happen once more since. I did notice that it does happens after computer has been in sleep mode. And I also noticed that the horrible noise shows up as a maxed out volume on the channel mixer so it seems like an in software glitch. And I also upgraded to the newest High Sierra and it hasn’t happened since but I’m going to keep trying to replicate it. I called tech support and they said it could be my interface box but idk. It’s really frustrating.

MAJOR MAINSTAGE PLAYBACK GLITCH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.