Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Does the iMac 27' 5K 2017 unable to monitor a USB-C to DVI signal ? (bis)

I've experienced trouble with StarTech USB-C to DVI adapter on all our iMac 27' 5K, model 2017.

It is impossible to see a video signal on it with any monitor or videoprojector.

The company doesn't understand why it don't works.

Have seen that a Apple Cinema Display isn't supported by those iMacs.

Have also note that Apple only propose USB-C to HDMI or USB-C to VGA adapters.

No Apple USB-C to DVI adapters yet.

So it remains a question: is there a known issue between brand new iMac 27' 5K model 2017 (first iMac model with USB-C connectors, thunderbolt 3 signal inside) and DVI signal ?

After lots of tests from MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) to 10.13.0 (High Sierra), with monitors & videoprojectors, I'm more on a iMac hardware problem.

One more thing 😉 , Sierra propose an hardware update when you plug a Apple USB-C to VGA adapter but it won't correct the bug on USB-C to DVI adapters...

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 2017 model with USB-C

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 2:25 AM in response to Julien Desbois In response to Julien Desbois

According to Apple Bug Reporter service, they're still working on the answer for months.

So I've created this second topic to tell it is clearly a misconception problem on this model of iMac 5K.

USB-C to DVI passive adapters (only) just can't monitor the signal on this Mac.

It could be great if Apple finally comes to confirm that hardware problem instead of leave it pending.

I wouldn't ask that service once per month if they could solve that question.

They says every-times they're still working on... 😢

If you find that issue too, please make a topic on https://idmsa.apple.com/

The more we relate this hardware issue, the more Apple Support will consider it (that point seems a normal behavior to me) 😉

Apr 20, 2018 2:25 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Julien Desbois

Question: Does the iMac 27' 5K 2017 unable to monitor a USB-C to DVI signal ? (bis)