Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iMac 27' 5K 2017 unable to monitor a USB-C to DVI signal ? (bis)

I've experienced trouble with StarTech USB-C to DVI adapter on all our iMac 27' 5K, model 2017.

It is impossible to see a video signal on it with any monitor or videoprojector.

The company doesn't understand why it don't works.

Have seen that a Apple Cinema Display isn't supported by those iMacs.

Have also note that Apple only propose USB-C to HDMI or USB-C to VGA adapters.

No Apple USB-C to DVI adapters yet.

So it remains a question: is there a known issue between brand new iMac 27' 5K model 2017 (first iMac model with USB-C connectors, thunderbolt 3 signal inside) and DVI signal ?

After lots of tests from MacOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) to 10.13.0 (High Sierra), with monitors & videoprojectors, I'm more on a iMac hardware problem.

One more thing 😉 , Sierra propose an hardware update when you plug a Apple USB-C to VGA adapter but it won't correct the bug on USB-C to DVI adapters...

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 2017 model with USB-C

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 2:15 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 20, 2018 2:25 AM in response to Julien Desbois

According to Apple Bug Reporter service, they're still working on the answer for months.

So I've created this second topic to tell it is clearly a misconception problem on this model of iMac 5K.

USB-C to DVI passive adapters (only) just can't monitor the signal on this Mac.

It could be great if Apple finally comes to confirm that hardware problem instead of leave it pending.

I wouldn't ask that service once per month if they could solve that question.

They says every-times they're still working on... 😢

If you find that issue too, please make a topic on https://idmsa.apple.com/

The more we relate this hardware issue, the more Apple Support will consider it (that point seems a normal behavior to me) 😉

Does the iMac 27' 5K 2017 unable to monitor a USB-C to DVI signal ? (bis)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.