Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: same photos on all apple devices

Can I have the exact same iphoto library to all my apple devices? (i.e. places, events, albums, faces etc). I have an iPhone, an iMac, a Macbook Pro and a Macbook Air and I want to have the same photo library to all my devices with all the same details. Is that possible without having to transfer data manually?

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 5:46 AM in response to katboul In response to katboul

Not with iPhoto, but with Photos for Mac, see: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iPhoto is too old and has never been updated to support iCloud Photo Library.

On a Mac with any system version that supports Photos for Mac (MacOS X 10.10.3 or newer) and on an iPhone or iPad with iOS 8 or newer, you can sync your Photos Libraries with iCloud Photo Library. All devices will show the same photos, edits, albums, locations. On a Mac also the titles, descriptions, keywords. With macOS X 10.13 also the faces will sync. You will need a subscription for enough iCloud Storage to hold all your photos in iCloud.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 5:46 AM in response to katboul In response to katboul

Not with iPhoto, but with Photos for Mac, see: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

iPhoto is too old and has never been updated to support iCloud Photo Library.

On a Mac with any system version that supports Photos for Mac (MacOS X 10.10.3 or newer) and on an iPhone or iPad with iOS 8 or newer, you can sync your Photos Libraries with iCloud Photo Library. All devices will show the same photos, edits, albums, locations. On a Mac also the titles, descriptions, keywords. With macOS X 10.13 also the faces will sync. You will need a subscription for enough iCloud Storage to hold all your photos in iCloud.

Apr 20, 2018 5:46 AM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: katboul

Question: same photos on all apple devices