Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Bootcamp issue I am not able to install windows through boot camp at all

Hello

I am using my MacBook Air since a year. I installed windows 10 on my MacBook previously using bootcamp and it worked perfectly fine. 4 days before I had to remove windows from my MacBook due to some driver issues. but I used disk utility to erase it. After that somehow I managed to restore my MACINTOSH drive through bootcamp. But now I am not able to install windows through boot camp at all. Every time I try to install it says can't be partitioned. Check Disk Utility to fix the errors. I have tried lot of times but same issue.

Adding Image of my terminal

Please help .....what to do?User uploaded file

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 22, 2018 6:21 AM in response to debadutta18 In response to debadutta18

Do you have a Time Machine backup of macOS? If yes, I suggest you boot into Internet Recovery, erase the whole internal disk, and restore your backup and then retry BC Assistant. You have on-disk APFS corruption.

Apr 22, 2018 6:21 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 24, 2018 2:35 AM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

Can I boot into internet recovery without keeping any backups. My Hard drive back up was somehow erased while trying to install windows through BC assistant. I don't have any documents or anything stored in my Mac. So if it gets erased also no issue. Shall I try internet recovery?

Apr 24, 2018 2:35 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 24, 2018 4:06 AM in response to debadutta18 In response to debadutta18

You may want to install macOS on an external disk using How to select a different startup disk - Apple Support and boot from it. This will also allow you to erase the internal disk, if necessary, and reinstall macOS.

Apr 24, 2018 4:06 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 25, 2018 4:34 AM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

I did the same thing and I saw a spinning globe. Some timer was on. It said 0.15 to go and after the time ended it started in normal recovery. While the globe was spinning I didn't find any cursor to click on it. It automatically went on.

Apr 25, 2018 4:34 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: debadutta18

Question: Bootcamp issue I am not able to install windows through boot camp at all