Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 jailbreak or optimize?

Have an iPhone 6 which has really slowed down with the latest IOS updates; it is advisable to either take steps to streamline (cut out features) or better to jailbreak? It would also be great to have the free hot spot which jailbreak provides but would like to get the best performance from this reliable iPhone (too cheap to buy a new phone) any thoughts? This iPhone has been great over the years just slowing down a lot as the IOS has grown. Thanks in advance - Bill

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 5:13 AM

8 replies

Apr 20, 2018 6:17 AM in response to bspratt22

I would say it’s never better to jailbreak, and doing so is not supported nor recommended by Apple. You open yourself to all sorts of potential malicious code and exploits that simply cannot and do not affect a native iOS installation. That is especially so if afterwards you start installing apps from anonymous web sites or unknown developers or sources (such installations can inherently install all sorts of code that are not disclosed to you and which you have no awareness of - it’s no different than granting root or admin access over the internet for your computer to someone you don’t know, allowing them to do things you have no way of knowing about).

Also using a hack to gain hotspot capability when your cellular account or provider do not allow for such can possibly lead to issues with your carrier, like having your account throttled for unexplained “excessive” bandwidth use.

Apr 20, 2018 6:31 AM in response to Michael Black

Hey I agree with your thoughts here - my problem is in the last year or so as the IOS has "improved" it has been slowing down my phone more and more to where I am thinking the IOS has surpassed the hardware of an iphone 6 - perhaps thats what my question should be? I just want the phone to work as well as it used to I don't need an iphoneX just give me a 6 that works well and is not sluggish and slow...

iphone 6 jailbreak or optimize?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.