Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse not working properly

I have a new Mac Mini. I have the latest OS. Everything was fine until yesterday. The magic mouse does not track properly, the cursor seems to work erratically, skipping all over the place, or not moving at all. I cleaned the lens, and that didn't help. The battery is at 96 percent, so it's not that. Along with this issue, all of a sudden the mini is not able to connect to my wifi, while I can connect to it on other device. When I run diagnostics on it, it simply says it can't connect. Maybe these two issues are connected somehow? I recently had to reinstall the OS, as I've other problems. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help

Joe

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 3:45 PM

Simple case of interference. See this Apple document.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204621

I didn't see your earlier post until just now, otherwise I would have asked if you had recently introduced something electronic and new into the vicinity.

6 replies

Apr 21, 2018 10:14 AM in response to jazzhand

Okay, I think I figured out the problem with the mouse. I had bought a USB multiplier, made by Sabrent, and attached it a couple days ago. I bought a brand new Magic Mouse 2, and was having the same erratic behavior. I disconnected the Sabrent USB multiplier, and now the mouse is tracking perfectly! Why would this device interfere with the signal?

Magic mouse not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.