Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Magic mouse not working properly

I have a new Mac Mini. I have the latest OS. Everything was fine until yesterday. The magic mouse does not track properly, the cursor seems to work erratically, skipping all over the place, or not moving at all. I cleaned the lens, and that didn't help. The battery is at 96 percent, so it's not that. Along with this issue, all of a sudden the mini is not able to connect to my wifi, while I can connect to it on other device. When I run diagnostics on it, it simply says it can't connect. Maybe these two issues are connected somehow? I recently had to reinstall the OS, as I've other problems. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help

Joe

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 3:45 PM in response to jazzhand In response to jazzhand

Simple case of interference. See this Apple document.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204621

I didn't see your earlier post until just now, otherwise I would have asked if you had recently introduced something electronic and new into the vicinity.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 8:05 AM in response to jazzhand In response to jazzhand

I should add that my trackpad works just fine, so it isn't an issue with the wireless connection.

Apr 20, 2018 8:05 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 2:01 PM in response to jazzhand In response to jazzhand

Well, now the mouse doesn't work at all. The little light does not come on. Blew it out to see if the batteries were not making full contact. Nothing. I really hate trackpads, but I'm reduced to using that until I can get a new mouse.

Thanks anyway...

Apr 20, 2018 2:01 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 10:14 AM in response to jazzhand In response to jazzhand

Okay, I think I figured out the problem with the mouse. I had bought a USB multiplier, made by Sabrent, and attached it a couple days ago. I bought a brand new Magic Mouse 2, and was having the same erratic behavior. I disconnected the Sabrent USB multiplier, and now the mouse is tracking perfectly! Why would this device interfere with the signal?

Apr 21, 2018 10:14 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 3:45 PM in response to jazzhand In response to jazzhand

Simple case of interference. See this Apple document.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204621

I didn't see your earlier post until just now, otherwise I would have asked if you had recently introduced something electronic and new into the vicinity.

Apr 21, 2018 3:45 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 21, 2018 9:27 PM in response to jazzhand In response to jazzhand

There is an option for you to ignore trackpad when mouse is present.

Perhaps you have that enabled.

Visit Apple logo (top left) > Systems Prefs > Accessibility > scroll down to and click on Trackpad and Mouse ... and you will see a box that says 'Ignore trackpad if mouse is present'. Yours is probably checked.

Apr 21, 2018 9:27 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: jazzhand

Question: Magic mouse not working properly