Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A question for quality

Hi,

I did export from ScreenFlow ( ProRes with Alpha 422 ) in 1280 x 720, then import to FCP X -> Send to Compressor and at 12.000 BitRate I'm not happy with the quality.

* I wrote again here ( it was a different question ), I'm new to all these so please accept my mistakes.

If I export to 2560 x 1440 the quality is pretty good.

Is there any option when I make the video full screen to keep the same dimensions of my main video and to add black bars around it without make bigger the main video at all ?

Or that depends of the player ?

I'm asking this because I see the little distortion happens only when I make the video full screen. The video tries to fit on the screen and the result is bad quality.

I make the project 2560 and the Clip 1280. I chose Spatial Conform -> None but the quality is even worst.

Thank you very much.

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 9:07 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 20, 2018 9:46 AM in response to GPap1981

How the video displays in full screen depends on the screen and video proportions. 1280 by 720 is the usual 16:9.

Some Mac displays are 16:10 (the MBP), some are 16:9 (the 21.5” iMac). And of course external displays may have other aspect ratios still (ultra wide, portrait...)

If your video fills the 1280 by 720 project frame, and you play it in full screen, there will be black bars on 16:10 screen but not on 16:9 one.

It is another matter if you add letterboxing (i.e. black bars) to the project itself.

It is not surprising that if you capture at 1280x720 in Screenflow then enlarging it to play in full screen on a 4K or 5K iMac doesn’t look too good.

A question for quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.