Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Three Finger swipe not working intermittently on my iMac Trackpad

Suddenly the 3 finger swipe for Mission Control is having major sensitivity issues...a simple, light swipe would bring up mission control each and every time. Now I'm able to scroll down a web page with three fingers which should bring up Mission Control. I need to put more pressure and a slower swipe for Mission Control to come up. I honestly don't think there is a problem with my Trackpad cause all functions work flawlessly expect for bringing up mission control with the 3 finger swipe. 4 finger swipe seems to be working fine. This issue is only my iMac's Trackpad, seems to be working flawlessly on my MacBook. Is it possible I need to buy a new Trackpad or something I need to reset in my setting to get it working like it used to?

I've restarted the iMac, Trackpad...I've reset the PRAM and NVRAM but no luck.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 10:00 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 20, 2018 10:13 AM in response to Tommyvercetti

I noticed the battery is at 14% please consider charging the existing batteries or replacing them. However I think what may solve the issue is resetting the SMC, this reset may take several attempts as it is somewhat common for the first attempt to not work. In order to do the reset please review How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support . When doing the SMC reset it is also wise to disconnect all external peripherals except your keyboard, mouse (if installed) and trackpad.

Three Finger swipe not working intermittently on my iMac Trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.