Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

voicemails will not delete in phone

iPhone 6 will not delete voicemails, they keep popping up right after I delete them. I tried resetting Network Settings which corrected it until I got a new voicemail and it began all over again.

No idea why this has just started recently.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 10:50 AM

Voicemail is a function of your cell carrier not Apple. When people call and leave you a voice mail they are recording it on the cell carriers equipment, not directly on your iPhone. When you delete it from your iPhone it should delete it from their system. If it does not do so the next time your iPhone polls the carrier it will find the voice mail and add it back.

You can also try calling into your voice mail and deleting it the old fashioned way and see if it returns.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 10:50 AM in response to hawghead

Voicemail is a function of your cell carrier not Apple. When people call and leave you a voice mail they are recording it on the cell carriers equipment, not directly on your iPhone. When you delete it from your iPhone it should delete it from their system. If it does not do so the next time your iPhone polls the carrier it will find the voice mail and add it back.

You can also try calling into your voice mail and deleting it the old fashioned way and see if it returns.

voicemails will not delete in phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.