Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: voicemails will not delete in phone

iPhone 6 will not delete voicemails, they keep popping up right after I delete them. I tried resetting Network Settings which corrected it until I got a new voicemail and it began all over again.

No idea why this has just started recently.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.3

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Voicemail is a function of your cell carrier not Apple. When people call and leave you a voice mail they are recording it on the cell carriers equipment, not directly on your iPhone. When you delete it from your iPhone it should delete it from their system. If it does not do so the next time your iPhone polls the carrier it will find the voice mail and add it back.

You can also try calling into your voice mail and deleting it the old fashioned way and see if it returns.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Apr 20, 2018 10:50 AM in response to hawghead In response to hawghead

Voicemail is a function of your cell carrier not Apple. When people call and leave you a voice mail they are recording it on the cell carriers equipment, not directly on your iPhone. When you delete it from your iPhone it should delete it from their system. If it does not do so the next time your iPhone polls the carrier it will find the voice mail and add it back.

You can also try calling into your voice mail and deleting it the old fashioned way and see if it returns.

Apr 20, 2018 10:50 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 20, 2018 11:28 AM in response to deggie In response to deggie

I tried calling Sprint and got the proverbial guy who was absolutely indecipherable and did not seem to have a clue how to help me other than to ask the same questions over and over.

I finally went in and did it the "old fashioned way" and it seemed to work.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2018 11:28 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: hawghead

Question: voicemails will not delete in phone