Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charge duration of my iPhone 7 dropping fast

Hello:

I have had my iPhone 7 for almost one year exactly. For most of that year, I was very pleased at how long each charge of the battery lasted. But in the past month or so the length that each charge lasts is dropping very rapidly. Instead of charging once every 1-2 days, I now have to charge 2-4 times per day. Can anyone help me to understand (and hopefully fix) this?

Thank you,

Peter

iPhone 7, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 12:31 PM

Update to iOS 11.3 then check your battery health at settings > battery. If your battery needs to be serviced it will tell you.

If it says your battery is in good condition ( > 80% capacity) check the apps that are using your battery power and see if that gives you any possible opportunities to make changes that will help with battery life.

Call Apple Support if you have any more issues or questions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 12:31 PM in response to PeterR

Update to iOS 11.3 then check your battery health at settings > battery. If your battery needs to be serviced it will tell you.

If it says your battery is in good condition ( > 80% capacity) check the apps that are using your battery power and see if that gives you any possible opportunities to make changes that will help with battery life.

Call Apple Support if you have any more issues or questions.

Charge duration of my iPhone 7 dropping fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.