Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My Apple TV 1st Gen quit connecting / Communicating to iTunes 12.7.x Any ideas? I reset the ATV and rebooted the iMac

My Apple TV 1st Gen no longer communicates with my iTunes v12.7 on my iMac. The ATV icon no longer shows up in iTunes, therefore I can not sync my ATV.

Any ideas? or is anyone else having the same issue ?

Thank You

Apple TV

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 7:33 AM in response to rhlake In response to rhlake

If those were purchases from iTunes they would be available in the cloud and be made available on Mac, IOS and ATV 4K signed in with your Apple ID.

Be aware that The 1st gen isn’t meant to be a backup solution so all content needs to reside on the Mac and be backed up from there.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 11:08 AM in response to Urquhart1244 In response to Urquhart1244

Thank You...I will and try and revert back to 12.6 this weekend.

Is there a way to have both 12.6 and 12.7 on your machine at the same time?

using 12.6 for ATV1 connections and 12.7 for iPhone, iPad and ATV 4K connections?

Apr 20, 2018 11:08 AM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 5:06 AM in response to vazandrew In response to vazandrew

I guess I’m faced with a dilemma. I having been using my ATV1 as a music server. When this problem first arose, I made the mistake of resetting my ATV1 and therefore all the content was wiped clean.

if I did revert, could I still purchase things through iTunes on my iPhone and iPad and transfer those back to my main library on my iMac?

thank you

Apr 21, 2018 5:06 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 7:33 AM in response to rhlake In response to rhlake

If those were purchases from iTunes they would be available in the cloud and be made available on Mac, IOS and ATV 4K signed in with your Apple ID.

Be aware that The 1st gen isn’t meant to be a backup solution so all content needs to reside on the Mac and be backed up from there.

Apr 21, 2018 7:33 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 21, 2018 7:34 AM in response to vazandrew In response to vazandrew

Agreed...I only use my ATV1 as a music server connected to my Home Theater. But I have 10000+ songs (combinations of iTunes purchases and personal CDs) that I store on it.

Knowing what I am trying to do, do you have any other recommendations ?

Thank You

Apr 21, 2018 7:34 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rhlake

Question: My Apple TV 1st Gen quit connecting / Communicating to iTunes 12.7.x Any ideas? I reset the ATV and rebooted the iMac