Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I created a new account as I could not sign in to mine. But then I could not even sign my laptop

I would like to sign to my laptop. It says password is incorrect

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 11:26 AM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2018 1:54 PM in response to nadia225

nadia225,

Hmm, is the reason that you created a new Apple ID because you forgot the password? If so, consider going back to the original Apple ID and resolve the password issue as indicated below:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

The laptop issue should be unrelated. When it says "password incorrect", do you mean the password to unlock the laptop? If so, that is a completely separate issue.

If you mean the password for your Apple ID on the laptop for the iCloud, then that is related and is tied to the original problem. If you get the Apple ID password cleared up on your phone, then the same one should work for your Apple ID for iCloud on your laptop.

Good luck.

Apr 21, 2018 6:13 AM in response to MrBill3

Thanks a lot for replying. I logged out of the old apple ID account because it said that email is invalid. Then I created a new account. After restarting my laptop I cannot access to the laptop as it require a password. Though I did not know that it will create a password for laptop. It was without a password. I would be so grateful if you could help solving this problem.

I created a new account as I could not sign in to mine. But then I could not even sign my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.