Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setup an imac without wired keyboard?

Hi, thank you for any help you can give me. I only have apple bluetooth keyboards, nothing wired. I reset my 2007 imac to factory settings with the plan to give it a relative. She ended up buying a new one instead. I want to set up my imac and cannot enter my account info, etc. because I don’t have a wired keyboard. BTW, my usb mouse is working fine. How can I type data. Also, I have a disk stuck in the drive that won’t come out. HELP! Thank you so much! Anne

Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 11:30 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 20, 2018 11:37 AM in response to annestarr

Five ways to eject a stuck CD or DVD from the optical drive

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the left mouse button until the disc ejects.
  2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.
  3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.
  4. Press COMMAND-E.
  5. If none of the above work then try this: Open the Terminal application in your Utilities' folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following: /usr/bin/drutil eject then press RETURN.
  6. If this fails then try this: Boot the computer into Single-user Mode. At the prompt enter the same command as used above. To restart the computer enter "reboot" at the prompt without quotes.

You will need a Snow Leopard installer DVD. If the firmware in your computer cannot detect a BlueTooth keyboard then you will need to get a wired one.

You can purchase Snow Leopard through the Apple Store: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Apple Store (U.S.). The price is $19.99 plus tax. You will be sent physical media by mail after placing your order. After you install Snow Leopard you will have to download and install the Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1 to update Snow Leopard to 10.6.8 and give you access to the App Store.

How To Do A Factory Reset

Selection A should be used on computers that came with Lion or later when factory new. These models had no disks included when new. Selection B is for Macs that came originally with Snow Leopard or earlier. These models shipped with Software Restore disks when new.

A. Factory reset of your Mac - Apple Support

B. Factory Reset Your Pre-Lion Mac

Follow these instructions until you get to Step 5 of Factory reset of your Mac - Apple Support. At Step 5 you will need a Snow Leopard DVD or the installer disc that came with the computer.

1. Boot the computer using the Snow Leopard Installer Disc or the Disc 1 that came with your computer. Insert the disc into the optical drive and restart the computer. After the chime press and hold down the "C" key. Release the key when you see a small spinning gear appear below the dark gray Apple logo.
  2. After the installer loads select your language and click on the Continue button. When the menu bar appears select Disk Utility from the Utilities' menu. After Disk Utility loads select the hard drive entry from the left side list (out-dented entry - mfgr.'s ID and drive size.) Click on the Partition tab in the Disk Utility main window. Set the number of partitions to one (1) from the Partitions drop down menu, click on Options button and select GUID, click on OK, then set the format type to MacOS Extended (Journaled), then click on the Apply button.
  3. When the formatting has finished quit Disk Utility. Proceed with the OS X installation and follow the directions included with the installer.
  4. If you are planning to sell or give your computer away, then do the following: After you reformat your hard drive and reinstall OS X, the computer restarts to a Welcome screen and asks you to choose a country or region. If you want to leave the Mac in an out-of-box state, don't continue with the setup of the system. Instead, press Command-Q to shut down the Mac. When the new owner turns on the Mac, the Setup Assistant will guide them through the setup process.

Setup an imac without wired keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.