Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my apps all ask for update at the sane time and do not proceed?

iPhone 5s, still working good. Just downloaded iOS 11.3. All of my apps have been unusable since this morning, when I downloaded letest iOS update. I click on the icons to open, and they start upgrading, but unfortunately upgrade never got to completeness. It is stuck and I just can’t use anything on my phon. Connected to Wi-Fi and charging, still not moving anywhere. What shall I do?

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 12:35 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2018 12:44 PM in response to Natala06

It sounds like the iOS update did not take properly. Hopefully, you have been making backups of your iPhone to either iCloud or iTunes.

I suggest you try the following, in order. Stop where a step resolves the problem:

• Restart your iPhone: To restart your (perform a soft reset) iPhone, press and hold the sleep/wake button while pressing and holding the Home button. When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons. (Note: This will NOT delete any data or apps, nor change any of its settings.)
  • Perform a "Reset All Settings" reset: Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
  • Reset your iPhone to its factory default settings: Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
  • Restore you iPhone: To restore your iPhone, connect it to your computer. When the iPhone appears in the iTunes source list, click the Restore button on the Summary tab. Note: This will erase all of your data and media and resets all of the iPhone's settings. You will need to restore it from a previous backup from either iTunes or iCloud.
  • Use Recovery Mode to update the iPhone's firmware.

How to Get Into and Out of iPhone Recovery Mode - Lifewire

Why do my apps all ask for update at the sane time and do not proceed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.