Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 home button not working properly.

I have an iPhone 7 that started having issues with the home button. When I press the home button, it does not take me back to the home screen. It does not even vibrate to indicate the touch. Touch ID works fine. I can also tap the button twice to invoke reachability. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 10:19 AM

Hello,

What to do if a button or switch isn't working

1. Restart your device. If you can't restart your device, try to force restart it.
  2. Remove any protective films and cases that might block the button or switch.
  3. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch, and clean with a soft cloth.

If you need help with Touch ID, learn what to do.

If the button or switch still isn't working, is damaged, or works intermittently, you might need to set up service for your device. Contact Apple Support, then follow the steps to complete your service request.

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2018 10:19 AM in response to WeberSlicer

Hello,

What to do if a button or switch isn't working

1. Restart your device. If you can't restart your device, try to force restart it.
  2. Remove any protective films and cases that might block the button or switch.
  3. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch, and clean with a soft cloth.

If you need help with Touch ID, learn what to do.

If the button or switch still isn't working, is damaged, or works intermittently, you might need to set up service for your device. Contact Apple Support, then follow the steps to complete your service request.

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iPhone 7 home button not working properly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.