Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I delete photos off my iPhone 6 will they stay on my iPhone X?

I want to clear all the photos off my iPhone 6 how can I ensure they are not deleted off my iPhone x

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 3:03 PM

It depends. If you have iCloud Photo Library turned on in both devices and you delete from one they will delete from iCloud and from the other phone as well. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

However, that applies to manually deleting photos. If you are clearing the device as described in What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support that does not affect the photos or anything else on the other device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 3:03 PM in response to Penarthfish77

It depends. If you have iCloud Photo Library turned on in both devices and you delete from one they will delete from iCloud and from the other phone as well. See: iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

However, that applies to manually deleting photos. If you are clearing the device as described in What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support that does not affect the photos or anything else on the other device.

If I delete photos off my iPhone 6 will they stay on my iPhone X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.