Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening iMovie and iDVD files on a 2015 MBPro

Have important video in iMovie and iDVD formats on a FW800 drive. How can I work with these on a newer (2015) MBPro running High Sierra?

Really concerned, thank you!!

Rod

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 1:44 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 21, 2018 10:27 AM in response to rod-from-austin

Hey there Rod,

I understand you're needing to use your drive with a newer Mac. Accessing your video is important and I'd be happy to help out.

The article below gives the specifications of your MacBook:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) - Technical Specifications
For your drive and MacBook to work together, you'll need this:
Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapter - Apple
Cheers!

Apr 21, 2018 11:06 AM in response to rod-from-austin

Hi, Rod,

I am not sure what you mean by "iDVD formats". Are you referring to the iDVD projects themselves, or disc images created from iDVD? If you are referring to disc images you shouldn't have any problem. But If they are the iDVD projects themselves, I would first open some of them to make sure that they are not giving you any "missing media" notifications. That can happen if you have changed the location of any media or moved the iDVD project to a different drive. If they are functioning O.K, then, if you have not already done so, do a File/Archive from within the iDVD project to consolidate the project media with the project, so you can move the project around and have it carry the media with it.

Regarding iMovie, what version of iMovie are you using presently on your Mac? What iMovie version was used to create the movie on your external drive? What operating system do you have on your Mac. Are you referring to a shared iMovie project (independent movie) or the iMovie project itself? Previously shared movies are no problem, but there could be some issues with mixing iMovie versions, and different versions of operating systems.

-- Rich

Opening iMovie and iDVD files on a 2015 MBPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.