Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I use hdmi for movies I purchased in my iPhone

Why can’t I watch movies I purchased through hdmi?

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 3:40 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2018 11:07 AM in response to 29crespo

Hello 29crespo,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to play movies from your iPhone via HDMI with the Lightning Digital AV Adapter. To help with this issue, please follow the relevant steps below from this Apple resource on your situation.

If an app doesn't display video or play audio

The app might not be compatible with your adapter. Check compatibility on the app's info page in the App Store or contact the developer.

If an alert says that an HDCP-compatible device is required

Your content might not be compatible with your adapter. Movies, TV shows, and certain streaming video apps require High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP). If you try to play these movies, shows, and streaming videos using a non-HDCP digital connection—like the Apple VGA Adapter—an alert will ask for an HDCP-compatible device.

If you need help with other issues

1. Disconnect and reconnect your adapter from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and from your TV, monitor, or projector.
  2. Make sure that your VGA or HDMI cable works, since the issue could be with the cable.
  3. Remove any VGA or HDMI extension cables or converters. Accessories that convert a VGA or HDMI signals to different video formats (DVI, Composite, Component) aren't compatible.
  4. Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.

About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Why can’t I use hdmi for movies I purchased in my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.