Question: Logic X with external hardware
I have a multiple part question regarding using an external compressor with Logic X also running a Roland Studio Capture. I am using the i/o plug in to insert the compressor by going out of an output on the interface/into the inout of the compressor/out of the output on the compressor to an input channel on the interface. I have all of the right ins/outs chosen on the channel but I am running into the following instances.
- Sometimes it only offers me pairs of ins/outs, like 1-2, 3-4 etc. While this is no big deal, it is just weird that it does it sometimes and not others.
- Sometimes when I choose the track that it sometimes offers mono and sometimes stereo. The tracks are almost always mono, or at least only have one wave form? Again, I have been able to kind of work around this but it is weird.
- Sometimes there is latency even when I ping, particularly with drums.
- Sometimes there is no volume unless I slide wet/dry all the way to wet.
- Annnnnnndddddd sometimes (regardless of whether there is a mono or stereo choice to set it up) it will take a signal that I have panned and sum it. If I have drums panned then when I use the compressor (either in stereo or mono on any channel) it pushes it back to the center.
So it either doesn't work at all and has no sound uneless I make it all dry signal, it sometimes has a lag, sometimes it pans it back to center.
Thoughts? Help? Sedatives?