Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic X with external hardware

Greetings,

I have a multiple part question regarding using an external compressor with Logic X also running a Roland Studio Capture. I am using the i/o plug in to insert the compressor by going out of an output on the interface/into the inout of the compressor/out of the output on the compressor to an input channel on the interface. I have all of the right ins/outs chosen on the channel but I am running into the following instances.

1. Sometimes it only offers me pairs of ins/outs, like 1-2, 3-4 etc. While this is no big deal, it is just weird that it does it sometimes and not others.
  2. Sometimes when I choose the track that it sometimes offers mono and sometimes stereo. The tracks are almost always mono, or at least only have one wave form? Again, I have been able to kind of work around this but it is weird.
  3. Sometimes there is latency even when I ping, particularly with drums.
  4. Sometimes there is no volume unless I slide wet/dry all the way to wet.
  5. Annnnnnndddddd sometimes (regardless of whether there is a mono or stereo choice to set it up) it will take a signal that I have panned and sum it. If I have drums panned then when I use the compressor (either in stereo or mono on any channel) it pushes it back to the center.

So it either doesn't work at all and has no sound uneless I make it all dry signal, it sometimes has a lag, sometimes it pans it back to center.

Craaaaaaayyyyyyzzzzeeee frustrating.

Thoughts? Help? Sedatives?

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 4:06 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 23, 2018 12:02 AM in response to Anthonydeadletter

Hi Anthony.

1. If you are inserting the the I/O plug-in on a stereo track you will be presented with the stereo option.
    Same thing is going to happen if you have an inserted plug-in that is in stereo before the I/O plug-in.
    You can however always force a mono plug-in insertion by holding down Option before navigating the AudioFX menu.
    User uploaded file
  2. 👆-1F3FC;👆-1F3FC;👆-1F3FC;
  3. What value do you get when pinging? You should be able to hear flamming when setting the Dry/Wet fader to 50% if the value is too extreme compared to the signal chain latency.

Hope that helps.

Logic X with external hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.