Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods drop out after 3 seconds on my Apple Watch 3 reset tried restarts etc nothing seems to work??

How do I get my AirPods to work again with my Apple Watch 3?

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 6:01 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2018 11:28 AM in response to Sanwop

Hi, Sanwop.

It appears that your AirPods and your Apple Watch Series 3 won't stay connected. I'm happy to help.

Get help with your AirPods -- Try setting up your AirPods again.

If you can’t connect to your AirPods anymore

If you don't hear the connect chime after a few seconds or can't hear when your AirPods are in your ears:

Still can’t connect? Follow these steps on your iOS device.

1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the icon next to your AirPods.1 Then tap Forget This Device.
  2. Put your AirPods in the case and close the lid. Wait 15 seconds, then open the lid.
  3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash amber a few times, then flash white.
  4. Place your AirPods close to your device. Follow the steps on your iOS device's screen.

Learn more about setting up your AirPods on other Bluetooth devices. If you have issues connecting a replacement AirPod, learn more about replacement AirPods.

Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference -- Also, your AirPods may be disconnecting from your Apple Watch because of interference. Review the information in this article.

Let me know how that goes.

Take care!

AirPods drop out after 3 seconds on my Apple Watch 3 reset tried restarts etc nothing seems to work??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.