Question: mac mail keeps asking for aol password
So, none of the responses from Apple were helpful. This was from another site, and it worked.
It was step 6 that did the trick. Pretty jive that you can enter that password in all the other places, and it didn't work. Pop-ups were popping up all over the place--I would enter the password every time something popped up-- entering it in the Accounts Information field in the Preferences for Mail, quitting and restarting Mail, and nothing helped. I spent 2 hours with Apple support one day, and a half hour on another day. They seemed helpless. Does this really need to be so difficult? The fix seemed very simple. Dear Apple Support personnel: Please check it out and add it to your data base! It may not work for all, but it sure worked for me. The field for password in the "Advanced" area of the "Edit SMPT Server List" was blank. Everything had been working fine up until it suddenly stopped working. Email was still completely functional on my phone and on the AOL website. Just not in the Mac Mail application. But step 6 below fixed it.
- Go back to the Mail app Preferences by pulling down the Mail menu and choosing “Preferences”
- Select the “Accounts” panel from preferences window
- Choose the mail account that is throwing password errors
- Under the ‘Account Information’ tab, click on “Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)” and choose “Edit SMTP Server List”
- Click the ‘Advanced’ tab
- Be sure the email username is entered properly here, then click into “Password” and enter the correct email password associated with the account
- Click “OK”, then close out of Preferences and choose “Save” when requested
- Send email again, it should now work as intended
Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)