Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can a bent IPod with a broken screen be repaired? If so, would it be worth it?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

My husband bent the device because he was in a rush and proceeded to toss the IPod onto the seat of the car with one hand while closing the door quickly with the other. However, what he didn’t factor was the IPod bouncing completely off the seat to the same side as the door he was in a rush to close and it landed at the precise spot in the closing door as to what you have seen in the picture. I was shocked when he arrived home to hear the story and my suggestion was to never throw or toss your device to begin with. Thank you for taking the time to reply and I have told him the sad news that it will not be resurrected.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 7:48 PM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

It cannot be fixed. If some of it works like that, then they will probably offer you the out of warranty replacement, however you will have to pay for it. See this for costs. iPod Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Apr 21, 2018 5:35 PM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

Anitaforseven wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I will check out that link. By the way, does Apple have catastrophic damage coverage? LOL!

No.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/terms/repair/generalservice/serviceter msen/ - iii. If Apple receives the original product within the Return Period in a condition that is not eligible for Out-of-Warranty Service, your credit card will be charged an additional amount representing the difference between the replacement value of a new product (“Replacement Value”) and the Out-of-Warranty Service Fee, as described at the Service FAQ Web Page. An original product that is inoperable due to unauthorized modifications or has failed due to catastrophic damage, such as the product separating into multiple pieces, are examples of a product that is ineligible for Out of Warranty Service.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Apr 20, 2018 7:28 PM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

THAT, cannot be repaired. Apple may offer you an out of warranty replacement, but they may not, considering that could be described as catastrophic damage, and they will not replace for that. You may just have to purchase a new one.

Apr 20, 2018 7:28 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 7:33 PM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

It will still turn on and you can even hear the alerts when so sends a message and it even rings if someone calls on FaceTime. The top 20 percent of the screen you can see the picture but the rest is all blacked out.

Apr 20, 2018 7:33 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 20, 2018 7:48 PM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

It cannot be fixed. If some of it works like that, then they will probably offer you the out of warranty replacement, however you will have to pay for it. See this for costs. iPod Service Answer Center - Apple Support

Apr 20, 2018 7:48 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 20, 2018 7:39 PM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

Ok, well this is my husband’s third IPod he has ruined in the last 6 years due to “accidental” damage. Any suggestions as to help with plain carelessness(i.e. stupidity)?

Apr 20, 2018 7:39 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 5:35 PM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

Anitaforseven wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I will check out that link. By the way, does Apple have catastrophic damage coverage? LOL!

No.

https://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/terms/repair/generalservice/serviceter msen/ - iii. If Apple receives the original product within the Return Period in a condition that is not eligible for Out-of-Warranty Service, your credit card will be charged an additional amount representing the difference between the replacement value of a new product (“Replacement Value”) and the Out-of-Warranty Service Fee, as described at the Service FAQ Web Page. An original product that is inoperable due to unauthorized modifications or has failed due to catastrophic damage, such as the product separating into multiple pieces, are examples of a product that is ineligible for Out of Warranty Service.

Apr 21, 2018 5:35 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 21, 2018 6:38 AM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

Ok, well this is my husband’s third IPod he has ruined in the last 6 years due to “accidental” damage.

The iPod (it appears to be an iPhone) looks to have a severe case of sit-itis. The common cause being the device is repeatedly placed into a back pocket vertically, then sat on.

Sorry, but there's nothing "accidental" about putting continual pressure on such a device and somehow believing it won't bend.

The solution is to stop sitting on the device.

Apr 21, 2018 6:38 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Apr 21, 2018 5:45 PM in response to Kurt Lang In response to Kurt Lang

My husband bent the device because he was in a rush and proceeded to toss the IPod onto the seat of the car with one hand while closing the door quickly with the other. However, what he didn’t factor was the IPod bouncing completely off the seat to the same side as the door he was in a rush to close and it landed at the precise spot in the closing door as to what you have seen in the picture. I was shocked when he arrived home to hear the story and my suggestion was to never throw or toss your device to begin with. Thank you for taking the time to reply and I have told him the sad news that it will not be resurrected.

Apr 21, 2018 5:45 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 2:26 AM in response to Anitaforseven In response to Anitaforseven

Anitaforseven wrote:

Any suggestions as to help with plain carelessness(i.e. stupidity)?

He needs to learn from his mistakes. 😁

Is it possible that you could reassure us all that your husband does not have a job that that might involve having other people's lives in his hands? <insert "concerned" emoticon>

Apr 22, 2018 2:26 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Anitaforseven

Question: Can a bent IPod with a broken screen be repaired? If so, would it be worth it?