Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family purchases show songs I've downloaded

Every time I go to the iTunes store, if I check Family Purchases, it shows songs and albums that I had previously downloaded. It does this every single time I check Family Purchases. It might show 3 albums. I download them, and maybe 2 more show up, then 4 more.

As a result, I end up with multiples copies of the same albums in my iTunes.

Why is it doing this?

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 9:31 PM

6 replies

Apr 21, 2018 10:28 AM in response to daveosu84

Signing out of your Apple ID and then back in again might clear some of the items that show as available when they shouldn't do, but I've got used to seeing at least some purchased content that is already in my library. Digital Booklets are a particular issue for me as my library isn't in the standard layout, which confuses iTunes into thinking mine are all in the cloud.

tt2

Family purchases show songs I've downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.