Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I merge Two Apple ids into one??

my wife has a personal Apple ID on her own phone and one on her work phone, she needs to transfer her notes and photos from that phone to her personal one, is merging the easiest way? Or should I spend hours airdroping everything across?

thanks for any help

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 10:15 PM

Apple IDs cannot be merged. She can put the photos into a Shared Album and send them to her personal Apple ID using iCloud Photo Sharing: iCloud Photo Sharing - Apple Support

For her Notes, she can go to the Notes app on her work phone, and while displaying the list of the Notes she wants on the new Apple ID, she can select Edit, then at the bottom of that screen select "Move All". She can then Move all of her iCloud Notes on the Work phone to the Notes folder under the "On My Phone" section.

Then she can sign her Work ID out of iCloud on the work phone, sign in her Personal ID into iCloud, open Notes, select the On My iPhone Notes, select Edit>Move All and move them into iCloud Notes. As long as Notes is selected under Settings>her name>iCloud, they will then sync to her iCloud account once she moves them.

Best,

GB

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2018 10:15 PM in response to Daveo

Apple IDs cannot be merged. She can put the photos into a Shared Album and send them to her personal Apple ID using iCloud Photo Sharing: iCloud Photo Sharing - Apple Support

For her Notes, she can go to the Notes app on her work phone, and while displaying the list of the Notes she wants on the new Apple ID, she can select Edit, then at the bottom of that screen select "Move All". She can then Move all of her iCloud Notes on the Work phone to the Notes folder under the "On My Phone" section.

Then she can sign her Work ID out of iCloud on the work phone, sign in her Personal ID into iCloud, open Notes, select the On My iPhone Notes, select Edit>Move All and move them into iCloud Notes. As long as Notes is selected under Settings>her name>iCloud, they will then sync to her iCloud account once she moves them.

Best,

GB

Apr 20, 2018 10:21 PM in response to Daveo

Again, you cannot merge them and you cannot have two IDs that would provide access to the items you have mentioned. You can sign a different ID into the iTunes & App Store than you have signed in to iCloud, but that is not going to resolve the issue at hand.

You are going to need send or merge the data as described above to have that data under the ID that she chooses to keep.

Best,

GB

Can I merge Two Apple ids into one??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.