Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I reached my device storage limit, so I purchased a large storage plan; how do I recover all my old photos and videos?

how do I get back pictures and videos that disappea off my phone, once my storage was is full?

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 9:36 PM

5 replies

Apr 20, 2018 9:41 PM in response to rodriquis

Sorry, but if data disappeared from your device because you ran out of storage, then it's gone.

Also, iCloud storage does not supplement iPhone storage. iCloud is a syncing/sharing service. Anything that is on iCloud (with the exception of your iOS device backups) is also on your iPhone. It may be optimized, but it is in both places nonetheless.

Did you have a backup of your iPhone data before your ran out of memory?

Best,

GB

Apr 20, 2018 9:46 PM in response to rodriquis

Sorry, you are going to have to clearly explain your situation. What do you mean when you ask if the data is "still in the cloud"? Were you using iCloud Photo Library? If you go to iCloud.com on a computer and click on the Photos app, do you see any photos?

Please describe exactly what happened in regard to your running out of iOS device storage, and what iCloud services you were using. Also can you explain what you mean when you say the photos and videos "disappeared" from your iOS device. What exactly happened when they disappeared? What errors did you see?

I need a clear picture of the whole story in order to be able to provide you with the right advice.

Best,

GB

Apr 20, 2018 9:56 PM in response to rodriquis

I thought you stated that they came back. So what happened in the past week that changed that? And, again, are you using iCloud Photo Library?

Were you getting messages about iCloud Storage (as opposed to iPhone Storage)? Can you see the photos and videos when you go to iCloud.com on a computer?

Is there available memory on your iPhone now? Settings>General>iPhone Storage?

GB

I reached my device storage limit, so I purchased a large storage plan; how do I recover all my old photos and videos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.