Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo - An unexpected error occurred (error code -8076).

Hi

I have an ext hard drive which contains my Photo library. I have also configured it as the system library for 2 users (userA and userB) of the macbook.

However, I noticed I can't delete or rename an album with userB.

I tried to "ignore ownership for this volume" on the EHD, but it throws the "An unexpected error occurred (error code -8076)." error.

How can I overcome this error and allow all user to have control on the EHD and the Photo library?

Thanks,

Paul

MacBook Pro, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 11:42 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 21, 2018 5:21 AM in response to paultansg

I tried to "ignore ownership for this volume" on the EHD,

If this option cannot be set, the external drive may have an unsupported file system or has been used by Time Machine. Is the file system format of the drive "MacOS Extended (Journaled)" as it should be? Is any system software installed in this drive or has it been used by Time Machine?

See: Move your Photos library to save space on your Mac - Apple Support

When two users are sharing the library on the external drive, the other user should log off, before you open the library from a different user account. The System Photo Library will always be in use, as long as you are logged in. Quitting Photos alone will not suffice, you need to log off.

Photo - An unexpected error occurred (error code -8076).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.