Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Connectivity and iCloud Music Library Syncing Issues

Recently, I have been experiencing issues that I mentioned in the topic. For the HomePod, whenever I move it from home to work (and vice-versa), it cannot connect to the local wifi by itself no matter how many times I unplug and replug it back in. The only way I can fix this was to factory reset it and redo the setup process, but I have to do this all over again whenever I bring it to a different location. In the past, it always just connected to the best wifi signal locally on its own.

For iCloud Music Library, whenever I add a new song to the library on my Mac, the change does not happen on my phone (but I can confirm that the change does happen to my other devices that has iCloud Music Library turned on). To fix it on my phone, I had to turn the library off and then back on for those songs to transfer over, but I have to re-download all the other songs that I added with the library. Similar to my HomePod issue, the change would happen automatically on my phone before.

For these two problems, I am not particularly asking if there is a fix per se, but I would like to know if anyone knows where the problem is or if anyone else has experienced this. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 9:52 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 21, 2018 3:43 AM in response to aboahyom

I only use my HomePod in the one location so I can't share any thoughts there. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to let Apple know it isn't working as it did before.

Likewise use Apple - Apple Music - Feedback or Feedback - iTunes - Apple to report issues with iCloud Music Library syncing. For me I find HomePod often takes the longest to catch up with changes.

tt2

HomePod Connectivity and iCloud Music Library Syncing Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.