Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Uploading photos to Facebook

On my MacBook Pro when I try to upload photos to Facebook, I can only choose from Desktop. Is there a way to change that? I have macOS High Sierra 10.13.4. Photos I have version 3.

I would be so grateful for help.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G

Posted on Apr 20, 2018 11:17 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2018 1:03 AM in response to Carfare

Just a note on sharing photos from Photos, as recommended by Gail. It would be the quickest way, but the Share menu in Photos can be confusing.

It will depend on the number of photos you select in Photos, if "Share to Facebook" is available. The option will vanish, if you are trying to share 50 or more photos at once. And you can only share to the Timeline or an existing album. Photos does not let you create a new album on Facebook. If Facebook should be missing from the Share menu, select less photos, until Facebook will appear in the Share menu.

User uploaded file

If you try to upload directly from the web browser to Facebook and click "Add a photo", a file chooser dialog will open.

You have to scroll down all the way, until you are seeing "Media" in the sidebar of the file chooser dialog.

In the "Media" section click photos. Now you can open your Photos Library and select the photos from your albums or moments in Photos. For example:

User uploaded file

Apr 20, 2018 11:30 PM in response to Carfare

If you mean that you are starting from Facebook and in Facebook you are selecting "Add Photos/Videos", then that is a function of how Facebook works. If you want to select from the Photos app, you need to start in the Photos app. Select the photos you want to upload to Facebook, and then click on the Share button (the box with the up arrow), and then select Facebook.

If you not have your Facebook account set up on your Mac, it will tell you. Set it up, then go back to the Photos app to upload your photos.

Best,

GB

Uploading photos to Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.