Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 10.4 Audio Struggles

So I'm a YouTuber who's starting a Minecraft Comes Alive series. For that, I need to record my screen. However, I can't because the audio has an irritating echo-screech-sorta thing and it's really unpleasant. I really don't want this on my channel so is there any way I can make that echo go away?

MacBook Air, Quicktime

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 10:19 PM

So I'm a YouTuber who's starting a Minecraft Comes Alive series. For that, I need to record my screen. However, I can't because the audio has an irritating echo-screech-sorta thing and it's really unpleasant. I really don't want this on my channel so is there any way I can make that echo go away?

The normal/easiest/best solution is to use a screen recording app the allows you to simultaneously record system audio and/or mic audio via separate inputs allowing you turn down/off playback audio or wear headphones in order to prevent audio feedback through an open mic. I normally use an app like ScreenFlow for the complex mixing of Spotlight/Camera, iOS device and/or mic inputs over a screen recording with or without system audio. (Apps with more limited features are available for less.) However, as many users prefer a "free" solution, you might installing a software extension like SoundFlower to manually create a more limited QTX computer audio recording "pipeline" via system preferences as may be compatible with your platform. Specific solutions and/or workflows depend on your specific recording/editing requirements which are a bit sketchy at this point.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2018 10:19 PM in response to Phoenix_SayoriMemelord

The normal/easiest/best solution is to use a screen recording app the allows you to simultaneously record system audio and/or mic audio via separate inputs allowing you turn down/off playback audio or wear headphones in order to prevent audio feedback through an open mic. I normally use an app like ScreenFlow for the complex mixing of Spotlight/Camera, iOS device and/or mic inputs over a screen recording with or without system audio. (Apps with more limited features are available for less.) However, as many users prefer a "free" solution, you might installing a software extension like SoundFlower to manually create a more limited QTX computer audio recording "pipeline" via system preferences as may be compatible with your platform. Specific solutions and/or workflows depend on your specific recording/editing requirements which are a bit sketchy at this point.

User uploaded file

Quicktime 10.4 Audio Struggles

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.