Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Will a US bought Mac Pro tower work in the UK?

I'm considering buying a Mac Pro tower (mid 2012) 12 core from the US as there doesn't seem to be any available here in the UK. My question is will the mains plug with an adapter work in the UK?

Mac Pro

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Yes.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 28, 2018 12:50 PM in response to alexandermac50 In response to alexandermac50

The MacPro 2012 is discontinued worldwide and has been since 2013. You can find secondhand ones in the UK on eBay.

It is worth bearing in mind that you could also buy a 2010 model Mac Pro and upgrade the CPU processors to make it fully equivalent to a 2012 model - I did this myself and now have a 12 core system.

The power supply is universal and auto sensing so all you need is a plug adapter or new power cable.

A final thing to consider is that the Mac Pro is a very heavy computer so the cost of shipping from the US to the UK might be quite significant.

Apr 28, 2018 12:50 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 28, 2018 4:56 PM in response to alexandermac50 In response to alexandermac50

Since that is a discontinued product you should be able to find it on eBay or Gumtree (now owned by PayPal/eBay).

The power supply is universal on all Macs.

US computers have a 2 pin plug power lead but you can easily buy a standard female to 3 pin male UK power lead to replace it.

Peter

Apr 28, 2018 4:56 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: alexandermac50

Question: Will a US bought Mac Pro tower work in the UK?