Question:

Question: Netflix for iOS 9.3.5

I have an iPad mini and couldn't download the Netflix app. It's requesting for iOS 10 or later and my current version is up to date. How can I download it please?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Your device is too old.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

May 19, 2018 2:17 PM in response to Smart212 In response to Smart212

What I did was, downloaded Netflix on my Iphone 7 and then logged into icloud on my ipad that runs 9.3.5 with the same ID which I used on my iphone 7.

Then, on your IPAD mini go to the app store, in the purchases tab, you should see Netflix. Click the download button , then it will ask you do you want to install the older version of Netflix. Just say ok and the compatible version of netflix will get installed on your IPAD mini.

P.S: I don't know why Apple doesn't give this option while directly installing the app from the appstore on the IPAD ..weird.

Credits : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBEzC6nVec

Below answer didn't worked out for me :

"if u just go on website version then netflix ll ask u if u wanna download the app then it says wanna download older version then it ll work"

May 19, 2018 3:34 PM in response to Smart212 In response to Smart212

IF you need older versions of apps for your older device, there are two ways of getting them.

The first and easiest way is to download the newest app to a newer iDevice, first.

Then go back to your older iDevice, download the newest version of the app, once again, and if the developer/s has/have left an older, compatible version of their app/s on Apple's app servers, then you will receive a small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device.. Would you like to download this version now.

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iPad.

If you need apps for your older iDevice, if you have a computer with an older version of iTunes (version 12.6.4 or earlier ), you can try downloading the recent app/s, by accessing the iOS App Store, through iTunes, and then, download the recent version of the app/s you like to use on your older iDevice to iTunes on your computer, FIRST.

IF you own a computer with an older version of iTunes already on it, try using that version as an older iDevice does not need the latest iTunes version.

If you have a computer, but NO iTunes on it, here is a link to the older 12.6.3 version for download found in this Apple weblink.

Older versions of iTunes found here.

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

iTunes 12.6.4 here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

DO NOT download OR USE the latest version of iTunes (version 12.7.x) as there is no more support for saving apps in iTunes under the most recent versions.

If you have already downloaded the recent 12.7.x version of iTunes, NONE of what I have wriiten here in this post reply may work!

You will need to use an older iTunes version and once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, at launch, hold down the Opt/Alt key on your keyboard while launching this older iTunee version, so you can create a new Tunes library.

BEFORE DOING the IMMEDIATELY ABOVE, if you use iTunes on a computer and already have an iTunes Library, you will need to find the iTunes Library folder on your computer and, temporarily, move/copy this folder to another location so you do not accidentally write over your existing current iTunes library.

Then, back on your older iDevice, you can try to download the latest app from the iOS App Store and if the developer/s has/have left an older, compatible version of their app/s on Apple's app servers, then you will receive a small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device.. Would you like to download this version now.

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iDevice.

If you are successful in getting apps on this iPad, consider looking for more “up to date”, third party iOS web browsers for that version of iOS.

Some third party web browser developers supported their web browser on iOS 9.3.5 and are more up to date than the over two year old iOS version of the Safari Web Browser.

If you use iTunes on a computer, some third party iOS web browsers that may still have older versions for iOS 9.3.5.

Perfect Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

iCab Mobile Web browser

Maven Web Browser

Opera Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Good Luck to You!

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

May 19, 2018 2:17 PM in response to Smart212 In response to Smart212

What I did was, downloaded Netflix on my Iphone 7 and then logged into icloud on my ipad that runs 9.3.5 with the same ID which I used on my iphone 7.

Then, on your IPAD mini go to the app store, in the purchases tab, you should see Netflix. Click the download button , then it will ask you do you want to install the older version of Netflix. Just say ok and the compatible version of netflix will get installed on your IPAD mini.

P.S: I don't know why Apple doesn't give this option while directly installing the app from the appstore on the IPAD ..weird.

Credits : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVBEzC6nVec

Below answer didn't worked out for me :

"if u just go on website version then netflix ll ask u if u wanna download the app then it says wanna download older version then it ll work"

May 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Reply Helpful (30)

May 19, 2018 3:34 PM in response to Smart212 In response to Smart212

IF you need older versions of apps for your older device, there are two ways of getting them.

The first and easiest way is to download the newest app to a newer iDevice, first.

Then go back to your older iDevice, download the newest version of the app, once again, and if the developer/s has/have left an older, compatible version of their app/s on Apple's app servers, then you will receive a small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device.. Would you like to download this version now.

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iPad.

If you need apps for your older iDevice, if you have a computer with an older version of iTunes (version 12.6.4 or earlier ), you can try downloading the recent app/s, by accessing the iOS App Store, through iTunes, and then, download the recent version of the app/s you like to use on your older iDevice to iTunes on your computer, FIRST.

IF you own a computer with an older version of iTunes already on it, try using that version as an older iDevice does not need the latest iTunes version.

If you have a computer, but NO iTunes on it, here is a link to the older 12.6.3 version for download found in this Apple weblink.

Older versions of iTunes found here.

https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

iTunes 12.6.4 here.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

DO NOT download OR USE the latest version of iTunes (version 12.7.x) as there is no more support for saving apps in iTunes under the most recent versions.

If you have already downloaded the recent 12.7.x version of iTunes, NONE of what I have wriiten here in this post reply may work!

You will need to use an older iTunes version and once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, at launch, hold down the Opt/Alt key on your keyboard while launching this older iTunee version, so you can create a new Tunes library.

BEFORE DOING the IMMEDIATELY ABOVE, if you use iTunes on a computer and already have an iTunes Library, you will need to find the iTunes Library folder on your computer and, temporarily, move/copy this folder to another location so you do not accidentally write over your existing current iTunes library.

Then, back on your older iDevice, you can try to download the latest app from the iOS App Store and if the developer/s has/have left an older, compatible version of their app/s on Apple's app servers, then you will receive a small window pop-up prompt that states that there is an older version of the app that is compatible with your device.. Would you like to download this version now.

Tap the OK button just below the prompt to start the downloading of the older app version to your iDevice.

If you are successful in getting apps on this iPad, consider looking for more “up to date”, third party iOS web browsers for that version of iOS.

Some third party web browser developers supported their web browser on iOS 9.3.5 and are more up to date than the over two year old iOS version of the Safari Web Browser.

If you use iTunes on a computer, some third party iOS web browsers that may still have older versions for iOS 9.3.5.

Perfect Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

iCab Mobile Web browser

Maven Web Browser

Opera Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Good Luck to You!

May 19, 2018 3:34 PM

Reply Helpful (5)

Jul 4, 2018 12:33 PM in response to Smart212 In response to Smart212

My procedure was:
1) On my Windows 10 64 bits installed iTunes (latest version from Apple). iPad mini was connected USB to computer.

2) Logged in and downloaded Netflix on computer. It will give you the error (your iPad is too old... go get a new one from Apple 😝)

3) Go to my iPad mini 1st gen and open App Store.

4) Download Netflix and will prompt to get and older version. Of course!!!
5) Got Netflix installed. Logged in and enjoyed Scorpion series.

Hope this helps. This was done on July 4th 2018. Happy 4th of July...

User uploaded file

Jul 4, 2018 12:33 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jul 15, 2018 2:16 PM in response to MichelPM In response to MichelPM

MichaelPM I wasn't responding to you, I was responding to DennisHesselberth, whose procedure of "just go to the netflix website and it'll offer you the older app" definitely does not work. Next time please check the little bit of text above a response to see if you were the one being talked to before becoming flippant

Jul 15, 2018 2:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 15, 2018 2:40 PM in response to mikewerth1 In response to mikewerth1

That particular procedure USED to work for any app, also, but you are saying that that particular procedure no longer works or no longer works for getting the older version of Netflix?

That could be the case, now.

Besides, the Netflix website has changed quite a bit from the last time I tried to redownload the older version of Netflix from the website location.

So, maybe that procedure is no longer working.

That is certainly possible.

Good to learn and the reason, everyone else, including me, posted alternate methods of getting older iOS versions of apps.

Thanks for the heads-up on this.

Jul 15, 2018 2:40 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 15, 2018 11:02 PM in response to MichelPM In response to MichelPM

That's correct: that particular procedure no longer works. Going to the netflix website just redirects you to the app store now, where you're still only given the choice of the newest version of the netflix app.

What still works is trying to download the netflix app on an older version of iTunes on Windows, and then trying to download the app on the iPad with the same Apple account. For whatever reason.

Jul 15, 2018 11:02 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 23, 2018 10:50 AM in response to Smart212 In response to Smart212

Es fácil amigo, yo tenia el mismo problema y lo único que tienes que hacer es:

Conseguir una cuenta Apple con la aplicación "Netflix" ya descargada antes, en tu iPad con iOs 9.3.5 ir a la sección "Comprado" de la App Store, buscas "Netflix" y lo descargas, te advierte que descargara una versión antigua, pero esta bien. Listo 🙂

Jul 23, 2018 10:50 AM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: Smart212

Question: Netflix for iOS 9.3.5