Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forced to load back up after restoring

My friend has an iPhone 8+ and we are trying to get into Restrictions but he forgot his restrictions passcode. We bit the bullet and restored the iPhone. But as soon as we sign his Apple ID in after the phone is wiped, it turns back into his old phone, and we arrive where we started. What am I doing wrong?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 11:08 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 22, 2018 7:14 AM in response to super20something

Hi there, super20something!
Thanks for reaching out the Apple Support Communities! If I am understanding correctly, you have forgotten the passcode for the Restrictions and when you sign in after erasing the device, the device is going back to the same settings and I am happy to help out! It sounds like you are doing the right steps, however, check out this article for How to use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Specifically:

If you forget your Restrictions passcode, you'll need to erase your child's device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Restrictions passcode. Restoring your child's device using a backup won't remove the Restrictions passcode.

Have a great day!

Forced to load back up after restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.