Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loss of thunderbolt on their Mac mini with an update

I got an update for Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.2 about a year ago, maybe 18 months ago and when I did, it ruined using my thunderbolt port. I was using dual display and using my thunderbolt port for one display, got this update, and after I was no longer able to use my thunderbolt port again.

At the time, I had just started a new job and didn't work much on my Mac so I kind of left it and knew I'd come back to it eventually. Today I decided to clean house (computer figuratively) and I would do a clean OS install and hopefully it would address the problem, but it did not. I still get the same nagging update for Thunderbolt Firmware Update v1.2, because apparently my thunderbolt port is either somehow fried, or is just not being seen. Not only that but when I try to install it, it gets hung up for a bit on the screen that I show in the photo. Anyone else experience this, have any ideas or have any fixes?User uploaded file

Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.4), 16gb ram

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 1:17 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

loss of thunderbolt on their Mac mini with an update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.