Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my newish MacBook just so terrible?

I got a fresh, new early 2015 MacBook model in 2016 at an Apple store. $2,000+. Buying a computer for 2,000 dollars, I had high expectations. However, 1.5 years into my purchase, I’ve slowly started to regret it. I know MacBooks are not created for gaming and such, but being 2,000 dollar laptops, they kind of have to be good for gaming. (have a good graphics card and processor) But, NOPE. I am not sure what inside this laptop is worth $2,000. The specs are complete garbage, a computer with these same specs can go for a QUARTER of this price. Aside from gaming, everything else on my MacBook is sub-par as well. Having more than 7 apps open, the fan inside the laptop will start to sound like a jet plane. You can hear it from a room away. If I am playing MINECRAFT, for pete’s sake, the game known for not needing a good computer to play, only runs at max 100 fps with the fan sounding like a jet engine. My question here is: did I do anything to make my laptop as bad as it is? Or are MacBooks just made terribly and are complete scams and wastes of money? My bets are on the second one.

Thank you for anyone reading this, I had to get this off my chest.

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 3:20 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 21, 2018 8:30 PM in response to RohanXD

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Why is my newish MacBook just so terrible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.