Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: apple superdrive burner wzg900

When I connect my apple superdrive burner to my Mac book pro, via USB, a message appears on screen saying power is required. The CD is not drawn in even though I attempt push the disk completely in. The eject command does work.

Can you advise please.

Regards

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

If the MacBook Pro has USB-C/Thunderbolt-3. you can use a USB-C to USB-A adapter.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MJ1M2AM/A/usb-c-to-usb-adapter

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 10:40 PM in response to Mussy34 In response to Mussy34

Is it plugged directly to the MacBook Pro? It won't work with a USB hub. Does the MacBook Pro have a builtin optical drive? If so, you need a special Terminal command to allow the external Apple Superdrive to work.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 10:40 PM in response to Mussy34 In response to Mussy34

Is it plugged directly to the MacBook Pro? It won't work with a USB hub. Does the MacBook Pro have a builtin optical drive? If so, you need a special Terminal command to allow the external Apple Superdrive to work.

Apr 21, 2018 10:40 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Apr 21, 2018 10:59 PM in response to Malcolm J. Rayfield In response to Malcolm J. Rayfield

Thanks for that Malcolm. The MacBook Pro has the tiny thunderbolt connectors and does not have a optical drive. The superdrive that I need to connect to the MacBook has a USB connector.

I am trying to use the superdrive by connecting via a hub which has 2 x USB, 1 x HDMI and 1 x HDMI.

Should I buy a different connector ?

Thank You

Apr 21, 2018 10:59 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 25, 2018 12:42 AM in response to Mussy34 In response to Mussy34

Good morning, many thanks for the information regarding usb-c to usb-a adapter.

I now have the superdrive burner in full working order.

Thanks again

Regards

Mike

Apr 25, 2018 12:42 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Mussy34

Question: apple superdrive burner wzg900