Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro screen with tingling

Hi everyone and nice to meet you.

I'd like to discuss about a problem I'm experiencing sometimes whit my MacBook Pro 13", the last generation one.

When I open my Mac and the screen lightens up, sometimes, more often this days, it shows a gray screen with noises, is exactly like when you go in a tv channel and it shows that gray/colored pixels. That frame last less than one second, and after that the screen shows everything normally.

I don't know if it is a coincidence but this started to happen after the last update. Usually when i finish using my Mac I click on the apple logo on the top-left of the screen and than click Stop, could it be this procedure?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 11.3, null

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 1:31 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2018 8:55 AM in response to cristianooo

Hello cristianooo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble with a gray screen and some possible distorted images when starting your Mac, and I have some information that may help.

In cases like this, it may help to reset your SMC (System Management Controller), which controls the different hardware systems in your Mac. Have a look at the article below to learn how.

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

If the trouble persists, or if you are stuck on that gray screen, have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps.

macOS Sierra: If you see a gray screen at startup

If you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

MacBook Pro screen with tingling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.