Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bite 64 upgrade

I have been informed that Apple is upgrading the Operating System on my IMac to 64 bite software. My present OS is 32 bite. In light of this, should I upgrade my Microsoft Office 2011 product software to a higher level, such as Office 2016? If so, when should i do this? A response for anyone would be appreciated.

Thank you,

RP Cave

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 3:31 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2018 3:48 PM in response to perstein

As of now you can continue using 32-bit software with MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 but that will eventually end. See the statement below from: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 - Apple Support

At our Worldwide Developers Conference in 2017, Apple informed developers that macOS High Sierra would be the last version of macOS to run 32-bit apps without compromise.

Microsoft Office for Mac 2016 has been 64-bit since August 2016. When you would upgrade is up to you and would also depend in part on whether you will be eventually upgrading the MacOS that you are running. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3187505/office-2016-for-mac-64-bit-upgr ade

Bite 64 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.