Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My new iphone is not able to activate with verification codes from settings/passwords and requesting a verification code does not generate one on other devices

Hi

I bought a new iPhone because the other was stolen, there is a SIM card in it now from another country, and I am trying to sign in to activate the phone using my iCloud account, but when I request an activation code it does not give me one on my other devices, nor does the activation codes I get directly on my trusted devices from account/Settings/passwords and security work on the new iPhone.

Any advice?

Apple Software Update-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 21, 2018 7:38 PM in response to gail from maine In response to gail from maine

Its connected via wifi.

The only thing that differs between this phone and my old phone is that the SIM card is now a US SIM card.

When I logged on here through my laptop, my trusted devices got the verification code just fine, but the new phone just isnt getting them

Apr 21, 2018 7:38 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 12:40 PM in response to gail from maine In response to gail from maine

Yes I do have one entered, however the problem is now solved. Restoring an old backup from my computer fixed the issue and verification codes started arriving.

Not sure what the problem was at all

Apr 22, 2018 12:40 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: clausinLuxembourg

Question: My new iphone is not able to activate with verification codes from settings/passwords and requesting a verification code does not generate one on other devices