Related Article

Set up Apple Pay

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple Watch 3 will not synch with Apple Pay. Is there a fix?

Picked up an Apple Watch series 3 today 4/22/18 and I can not get it to sync to my apple Pay account that already has a balance and I have used before.. any suggestions.

Apple Watch Series 3, iOS 11.3

Posted on

Page content loaded

Apr 21, 2018 7:22 PM in response to Toy827 In response to Toy827

I found the Apple pay setup on my watch worked without problems, it was easier than the initial setup on my iPhone. Maybe we can provide some suggestions if you explain more about how it fails, what you do and what you see. Of course, leave out any sensitive or personal details and be careful to check if you add photos or screen captures.

Apr 21, 2018 7:22 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 21, 2018 8:14 PM in response to Branta_uk In response to Branta_uk

From my iPhone 6s Plus I am opening up the watch app via my iPhone. The going to wallet app.. from there the Apple Pay card is shown- and listed as one of the cards on my watch but In greyed out letters underneath the card it states “not set up” , I then select the card- get the welcome to Apple Pay screen select continue then the next screen is- Setting up Apple Pay cash and the loading icon in the right is spinning after a few minutes I get the small dialogue box that states” could not set up Apple Pay cash-Apple Pay Services are currently unavailable. Please try again later. . I never get any further. And have been trying since 3pm eastern standard time .Hope that helps.

Apr 21, 2018 8:14 PM

Reply Helpful

Apr 22, 2018 2:16 AM in response to Toy827 In response to Toy827

I can’t give direct experience on this because AP Cash is not available yet here in UK, but I will try some Guesswork. It sounds like the problem is something timing out when trying to setup the Cash option.

Your card provider might not support Apple Pay Cash on watch. Try skipping the Cash setup and just do traditional Apple pay. You can always add the cash option later after troubleshooting with your card provider.

If you can’t setup basic Apple Pay on your watch ( is already on your iphone so we know it is supported for your card) it could be something as simple as your card provider rejecting for security checks, or having technical problems accepting the setup request. That’s a try again tomorrow or even after the weekend when you can call the card provider and see if there was any reason you were unable to proceed.

Apr 22, 2018 2:16 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Toy827

Question: Apple Watch 3 will not synch with Apple Pay. Is there a fix?