Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login problems

I am using a MacBook pro running High Sierra. The login screen comes up and when I can login under either account. After logging in my computer tries to login and the progress bar slowly shows progress. When it is almost complete it just stops and sits there for hours and I it does not go any further.

Posted on Apr 21, 2018 8:49 PM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2018 2:39 PM in response to lancefromeverett

Hi ​lancefromeverett,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're unable to log in to either user account on your MacBook Pro, and when you try it won't move past the completed loading bar. I know how important it is to rely on using your Mac; I'd like to help. I'd suggest that you follow the steps here to start your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
In safe mode, test to see if you can log in to either user; if so, restart normally and try again.

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

May 21, 2018 10:57 AM in response to lancefromeverett

I had problems on my Mac for a couple months - would have to restart it in order to log in. The login page would show a little orange check next to my icon/name and if I tried putting in my password, it would just hang up and the mouse wouldn't even respond. I had chatted and spoke with Apple Support, but they didn't recognize the problem. Having to restart constantly if I was away from the computer for any length of time was so disrupting, I didn't even notice that I also was having to put my password in twice after I was able to log in. Once I figured that out, searched and found this solution. I used the second option - it took about a day to de-crypt and re-crypt but it fixed it! You can still use your computer while it's "crypting". Good luck!

https://www.macissues.com/2015/03/31/fix-double-login-prompts-on-your-mac/

Login problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.